When having moved your favorites from the default location of "my favorites", you might find that you are not allowed to save a new entry to your favorites. To mitigate this problem; perform the following mungo-jumbo:
1. Close Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Start button.
3. Click All Programs.
4. Go into Accessories.
5. Right-click on Command Prompt.
6. Select Run as administrator.
7. When the UAC Prompt appears, click Continue.
8. At the command prompt, go to the new location for your Favorites folder.
9. Input icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
10. Press Enter on the keyboard.
11. Close the window.
You will now be able to write to your Favorites folder.